Friday, October 29, 2010

Equipped?



So recently I have heard the quote "God doesn't call the equipped he equips the called" which is a valid statement, thrown around a lot. However, I feel that this leaves an opportunity to not change. We sit and we say "oh God will equip me as I'm called" but we stay in our sin, believing that as he calls us, we will move past the sin.  At least that's how I feel.

This isn't how it works though.  We have to be in a place where we can hear God's call in the first place.  Being there means we have to be seeking after Him.  Seeking after Him means we have to be removing sin, digging into Scripture, praying, ect.

If we just sit here, waiting to be equipped, God will use someone else.  God wants us, to want Him.  I think that that's the hardest thing for me to grasp right now.  God has amazing things, that he will equip us for, but we have to want Him to do that.  If we don't want Him to do amazing things through us, then he won't.  He will leave us in the dust, using people who are willing to do amazing things for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment