Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why I write

So I have noticed a change in the way I write.  Not particularly like how I write, but more of in who I target my writing at.  This is an interesting transition.  I began writing in order to try to reach other people.  I felt that I had a message to be shared with the world.  Big dreams, right?  People actually followed too, which was a very interesting phenomenon for me.  At this point I decided to "go big." I created this blog.  It was cool I posted the same things both places pretty much, it was swell.

Then I had to blog for a grade.  This is where things got tricky.  Instead of having the time and thought to put into blogging, I was required to...Now trigger writers block...however this was easy to overcome.  Once you figure out how to blog on command it's actually quite fun.

Something changed though as I began to blog on command...I no longer wrote for others, I wrote to sort my thoughts out.  Writing to sort thoughts out isn't necessarily the funnest thing to read it would appear.  However if you are writing about relevant topics, then people still might read.  But I have noticed that people don't read as much.   Hopefully I will be able to get back to writing for people and thus increase readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment