Saturday, September 4, 2010

I am an Alien

Trendy, Indie, Relevant, Hipster,
These are what people aspire to be called
or Popular, Athletic, Preppy, Cool,
However I aspire to be none of these.

I wear bandana's because they keep sweat out of my face
I wear Toms because another kid gets a pair of shoes (and it's an excuse to not wear socks)
I use mac products because they are durable
I wear military hats cause they look good on me (or so I think)
I wear two v-necks cause I bought them for $3
I listen to an artist because of their lyrics (not if they are "in" or not)
I wear converse because they don't look ridiculous like sneakers do
I wear a fedora and trucker hat cause they were free
I drive a sub-compact car cause it was cheap in price and on gas
I wear plaid shorts because they look classier than jersey shorts
I wear vibram five fingers cause they make me look like an alien

and

I am a follower of Christ, not because that's what everyone else does
not because we live in the Bible belt.
I follow Christ because He is real and has a calling in my life.

In short, I am an Alien.

Hebrews 11:13b "And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on this earth"

No comments:

Post a Comment