Monday, February 8, 2010

So Lets Forgive E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G, ALL THE TIME

          This week has been an interesting one for me.  I have been getting to know people that I've been around for a while and with that they have been getting to know me.  This is an interesting thing if you think about it, getting to know someone.  The reciprocal action is just as interesting, people getting to know you.
          Friendship should be transparent, but it isn't necessarily.  I read in my Intro to Comm class that relationships are like onions with many layers.  I think this is an interesting thought, with each part being removed you're getting to know someone alittle bit better.  If relationships didn't work this way, people would know who a person was, the moment they started talking to them.  Instead though we spend hours, days, months, getting to know people, getting to understand their thought process, peeling deeper into the onion so to speak.
          As I've gotten to know people, they peel deeper into my life, but because each person is different, they peel into different sections of the onion.  Essentially different people learn different things about me.  Why doesn't everyone know everything about me?  Because it'd be uncomfortable, people would JUDGE me.  That's an interesting thought, people judging, when if they were solid Christians, they would know that judging me is a sin.  If they aren't a Christian, then typically they don't judge, they live and let live.  Now why does this happen?  Maybe that's a question for another blog.
          We are supposed to be about love, we aren't supposed to be about judging.  Instead people are afraid to be open, cause they will be judged.  I'm afraid to be open about my life because I will be judged.  So this is the thought, why not be like Christ?  Isn't that what we are called to do?  Christ loved people no matter who they were.  Now I'm not implying that I'm a horrible person, I'm not implying that I'm hurt cause people judge me, that's their problem.  I'm just saying that things need to be different.

1 comment:

  1. great post, linked it here:
    http://davewainscott.blogspot.com/2010/03/bullet-to-binary-part-2-forgive.html

    Great blog overall. appreciate your heart

    ReplyDelete