Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm on the Up and Up

So this past week was an interesting one for me, I thought of several things to blog about, forgot a few, ended up writing down two ideas, which is all I need for a week.... the constraints of writing on deadline...
So this past Saturday I was watching the movie Up, and I watched a special feature on the DVD that I had not seen before...It's a short entitled "Dougs Special Mission" (This is in Spanish, it was the only way I could find the full thing).

So here's the plot of the short, it's Dougs birthday, and they are out hunting this bird, doug is not the brightest dog but he is very loyal.  The other dogs in his "pack" assign him different "special missions" and they keep failing, after the latest failed attempt, his "pack" sends him away.  Doug remarks how it has been a terrible birthday, then among the rocks he sees what he thinks is a man, Doug believes that this will be his new "master"  during this time he is talking to himself, The old man and the boy in the movie, see the same rock from another angle and think they are talking to a person.  At this point Doug meets the boy and the old man (as seen in the following clip).





I don't know if I conveyed it well, but the premise of all of this, is we never know what  kind of affect we can have on people, we don't know what kind of day they are going through.  A person just seeing our smiling face, could be all the encouragement they need for the day. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (The Message) talks about how God places us in order to encourage others who are having struggles.  So as you go about your day, remember that there may be a reason why you bump into a certain person at a given time...

No comments:

Post a Comment