Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How He Loves Us

Asking God to do something is an interesting thing. Honestly we have no idea how those prayers will be answered. The main thing is being able to step back and realize the gem that He has handed us.

I don't think people realize how much they influence each other. Sometimes I myself even forget the influence I have on others.

This past weekend a friend from high school started up a conversation with me, ironically about work of all things...

The amount of influence we have had on each other though in these past five days has been phenomenal. To the point that all that we can do is give the glory to God, because we know that what has happened is not any of our doing.

So back to my original statement. I've been in a rut lately. Caught up in life and not really moving anywhere spiritually. When I first began talking to this friend, I knew that I needed to get out of the rut, because they were going to hold me accountable, and it's not like the sort of accountability that my dad holds me to.

This is what I mean by influence. I don't think my friend even realizes that this has happened. But us talking to each other has not only lead to me moving out of the rut, but to the point of making a new trail, and considering possibilities that I would have never imagined last week. (Which seems really crazy for me to say).

So currently, I'm reading Isaiah and it's like a slap in the face for how I have been for a while now. I don't think people grasp things that the Israelites did to move them away from God. If people realized they would see that it's the same sorts of things that happen to us here, and God promised and allowed some nasty things to happen to them.

I'm very thankful and will be eternally thankful for the things that have happened in the past five days.

1 comment: