Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ringing in the Bucket List

So today I rang bells for the Salvation Army.  Only for an hour so far, however I may end up going back at some point this afternoon or next week.  Anyway while I was standing there, I was like "This is something I can mark off of my list"  and then I realized that I didn't have a list.  I think you know what kind of list I'm talking about, the list of things you want to do with your life.  Crazily enough ringing bells for the Salvation Army was definitely on that list.  Doing so is one of those things that our country views as the ultimate humanitarian sacrifice (well unless you are one of the ones that are getting paid to do it, then I suppose they are happy to be paying your salary in a time of high employment rates!).  So I began to think in my head, "What else should be on my list, what do I really wish to accomplish in my life."

Here's the deal, if you don't know what you want to accomplish in your life, then technically you don't have any accomplishments.  You just have things that you have done.  Because when you accomplish something, that is something that you fulfill (coming from http://dictionary.com).  This is an interesting thought.  I believe that a person knows inside of them what they were meant to do.  They just have to search that out (obviously for Christians this entails prayer and seeking God's will in the matter).

I used to think that "Bucket Lists" were silly, however through what I have learned this semester I am beginning to see the benefit of having one.  Especially if you line out ones not only for recreational things, but accomplishments that you want to make in your career as well.  Look for a list coming from me later today as well!  I have some great things in mind, as well as some cool things that I am already able to mark off of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment